BlackTri Media ([login to view URL]) is a small tech startup in Hamburg, Germany, we produce software in the B2B sector. We have created a Software-as-a-Service product used for online marketing, and our team members are located in Germany, Romania, Latvia and Bulgaria. To work remote and distributed is part of our philosophy, so we are searching you as a new team member!
We want a long term relationship with you. Currently the volume would be between 5 an 10 hours / week, but we are planning to hire you on a full time basis in the near future as our team grows. You will have the chance to work with cutting edge technologies in a cool project. We use state of the art technology and tools (Jira, Confluence, test automation etc.).
You need to meet the following requirements:
- We use the Fancybox framework for our frontend a lot, so you should be experienced with it.
- Very good knowledge of CSS / HTML.
- In-depth knowledge of general online issues - you should know about things like cross-domain-policies, mixed active content, difference of Ajax and JSONP and similar things.
- In-depth knowledge of browser capabilities - you should know how to develop code which runs on lots of different browsers, from IE8 to Safari on iPad.
- Okay knowledge of PHP. You do not need to implement server side features, but you should be able to integrate your frontend development with our existing PHP code.
- We use Subversion as code repository, so you should be able to use it.
- In order to work with us, you need to set up your local development system (based on Apache + PHP + Mysql). It is not necessary to have skills of a system administrator, but you should be able to administer your own local Apache server. You need to know how to add a virtual host, how to make changes in [login to view URL] or how to create, dump, restore or change a database in Mysql.
- Your english skills (writing and verbal) must be fluent, as we need to communicate on complicated technical stuff
- You need to be a full time freelancer. If you are an employee doing this as a side business, it will be a problem to scale up your collaboration with us to the level we might need in the future.
If you are interested, then we would be happy to receive your application and maybe welcome you as a new team member!
Please drop us a note with the following information:
- Any requirements you do not (or not fully) meet? Not a blocker, but please tell us in advance!
- Tell us your *real* hourly fee, not a "bait" which you plan to re-negotiate after the first week.
- Please answer (briefly) the following questions:
2) Describe your dream job - how would it look like?
From all applications we will select a shortlist (3 to 8) and send you a little (but unpaid) test project. If you meet the requirements mentioned above, it should not take you longer than 2 to 4 hours to complete.
From all applicants who have successfully completed the test project, we will select 1 to 3 for a more interesting (and paid) second test project.
Please do apply only if this is OK for you.
Thanks in advance and all the best
Eckhard (CEO and founder)