• An astute professional with 12+ years of experience in Embedded Solutions Design, Product Development, Embedded Software Development, Application Development and Project Management
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and organizational ability coupled with strong communication and relationship management skills
• Excellent team building and troubleshooting skills with proven abilities in planning and managing resources
Areas of Expertise
ST ARM CORTEX M3 series - STM32F103RBT6, STM32F107VC
Nuvoton CORTEX M0 series – LM0516
Texas MSP430 series - MSP430F149
Renesas 38024, 38104, 30281FAHP
Keil uVision 4.0, IAR Embedded Workbench V1.26B
Hitachi Embedded Workshop V4.0
MSP FET V3.03
Code Composer Essentials Professional Ver. 3.0
Languages / OS
Embedded C, Python, Visual Basic 6.0, Assembly Language, Android, Symbian and Brew fundamentals
Machine to Machine (M2M) based product development on GSM, GPRS, CDMA 1x, EVDO.
Thermal Printer Driver development, Bluetooth, USB, GPS, Ethernet, Lightweight IP, TCP/IP, MODBUS, RS232, RS485, Barcodes
MS Projects, Pro E viewer, Subversion, Protel 99SE for EDA, CAM350
• Focused on Product Development for verticals of Wireless M2M and Thermal Printing.
• Handling the complete cycle of project management entailing requirement, estimation and final execution of project. (Time to market).
• Additional responsibilities to support Marketing, Finance and Purchase Departments by preparing quotations, product presentations, payment follow-up and vendor development respectively.
• Monitoring and Control of Project Execution.
• Project and Product cost estimation and control.
• Implemented SVN repository for source code control.
• Foreseeing project risks and planning risk mitigation.
Quality / Safety & Reliability
• Ensuring implementation of EMC standard in all products and processes
• Ensuring achievement of planned targets within specific deadlines.
• Scheduling & planning Equipments / tools / manpower with key focus on budget and deadline.
• Providing technical support to clients (suppliers and OEMs) for resolving critical technical issues.
• Analysis and investigation of in-house and field technical complaints.
• Identifying performance bottlenecks and taking adequate measures to rectify faults.
Freelancer - Embedded Software Development Jul’12-Present
Software Development for Elevator Car Door Operator
Leo Integrated Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Navi Mumbai Jun’04-Jul’12
Leo Integrated Technologies provides embedded products design, development and manufacturing solutions from concept to prototype.
Growth Path & Attainments
As Assistant Manager - Embedded Product Development (Since Apr’08)
• Attained all expectations in terms of specifications and availability for products under the domain of Wireless M2M and Thermal Printers
• Ensured to meet all requirements in terms of technicality, quality, sustainability norms
• Monitored all factors of lagging performance like fall-off rate , product maturity, field call rate and all factors that affect customer satisfaction and cost of non quality
• Contributed to processes improvement and simplifications
• Participated in test performance and improvement activities; find ways to maximize test efficiency
As Project Leader - Embedded Product Development (Oct’05-Apr’08)
• Managing Project Development activities like generating Requirements Specification, System Architecture, Software & Hardware Design, Testing, Release and Documentation
• Managing a team of 8 development engineers consisting of Hardware and Software Designers and PCB layout designers
As Senior Design Engineer - Embedded Product Development (Jun’04–Oct’05)
• Majority of projects were based on Microsoft RAD tool Visual Basic 6.0.
• VB application software development for Lottery Terminals testing
• Complete Reverse Engineering and Embedded C programming for Playwin Lottery Terminals.
• This project execution helped the company to grab an order worth 10crs, the highest till date.
Control & Solutions (I) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai Jan’01-Jun’04
• Software developer of commercial testing tools for Industrial Automation.
• Wrote VB6 code in Visual Studio with Microsoft Access as backend.
• Provided technical direction for design, database development, programming, testing, and support.
Project Management Professional Credential from PMI (USA) in Apr 2010
Accredited Symbian Developer Certification from Majinate Limited in Jun 2007
B.E in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering from Mumbai University in Nov 2000 with 65.10%.
Diploma in Electronics Engineering from L&T Institute of Technology in May 1997 with 81.71%.