This CRM is for telemarketers on our staff to use to call from leads in our database.
We want to use WordPress solely to take advantage of the built-in user structure.
We do NOT need integration with other online sources of leads. All leads will be uploaded from a spreadsheet.
There is no front-end for this plugin. It's strictly for back-end use.
I. WordPress plugin
A. Plugin and server must respond very quickly to user interaction. This is essential!!!
B. Must keep clicks required to work on or save a record to the lowest number possible
C. All features must be easy to read and understand
D. Uses WordPress user account structure to access CRM
1. Most users are Subscribers
2. Contributors, Editors, Authors, and Admins are used as higher level managers. All Subscribers are assigned by an Admin to a higher level user (manager) of the Admin's choice. Five level hierarchy should be available.
E. Follows WordPress “best practices” for a plugin, including security concerns
F. Must be able to both import and export data from DB to and from local spreadsheet file
II. CRM Workflow
A. Main page displays table of contacts assigned to user
1. Default sorting is by date, oldest first
2. Columns can be sorted at top of column by clicking
3. Columns can be custom selected for the page by the user
4. Visible fields can be modified on-the-fly
B. Clicking on a contact record in the table displays the full record
C. Phone record has clickable link that will dial a Google Voice call via the user's Google Voice phone number to the number displayed in the anchor text
1. We will assign a different Google Voice phone number for each user
D. Individual record includes notes area for user to make a note about the contact after they make the call
E. When record is saved, an automatic log entry is recorded in the database that includes the following when there are actual changes made.
3. Which fields were modified
If no data was changed, no log entry gets added
F. Two Save buttons and one Cancel button
1. Save and Close – saves any changes and takes you back to the sorted table displayed in step II.A above
2. Save and Continue – saves any changes and takes you to next record in the sorted list
3. Cancel button – returns to the sorted table without saving. Includes pop-up if changes have been made on the page, asking confirmation of the decision.
III. DB Fields
A. Company name
B. Street Address
E. Zip Code
F. Phone Number
G. Contact list of names and their titles at the company
H. Assigned user (drop down menu includes user and manager(s)) so that record can be reassigned by user back to manager.
I. Log entries section (table join)
J. Admin should have ability to add custom DB fields
K. Status field with following values:
For your reference:
We've been using the free UpiCRM plugin, but it has limitations we don't like. These limitations include:
1. Inability to auto-dial phone number
2. Painfully slow interface
3. Two step save (instead of one step)
4. Save, edit, and delete buttons in lead table are tiny and hard to see/use
5. Company name isn't clickable to visit individual record page
6. Individual record page offers no notes section
7. No auto-logging each time record gets modified
8. No Save and Continue option (see specs above)