Hi I am looking to create a booking/appointment reservation system using the linked repository. I am using Mysql hosted on AWS and Laravel for the backend/API. My goal is to split a day into variable length time slots.
Some appointments will be 15 minutes long, some will be 45 minutes long. If a customer selects a service that takes 15 minutes the database will need to return slots that will fit their selected service and its service time based on the Travel time/distance of the service provider from the requested service location as well as the distance of other appointments. Travel time/distance will be handled by a system already setup
The remaining time slots for the business day will need to adjust based on what appointments (and addresses) are confirmed in the database.
The provided github repo will be used and updated with the required func
[login to view URL]
1. Customer selects a service
2. System returns the slots available for the service
3. Customer select a slot and proceeds to book
Core Logic to be implemented:
1. Day split into variable length time slots
2. Slots will be based on:
a. Service projected time to complete
b. Travel time/distance of the service provider
c. Distance of other appointments of the particular service provider.
3. The above 3 variables to be considered in deciding on the slots that need to be returned for a query result.
4. Remaining time slot adjustment:
a. Once confirmed, the remaining time slots for the day to be adjusted.
b. Adjustment based on appointments/addresses of the booking.