Naval Architect PE
mín $50 USD / hora
About the Job
Azierta ([login to view URL]), a European civil engineering consultancy firm with headquarters in Madrid, Spain acting in the US through Azierta LLC, based in the Washington DC metro area.
We are looking for a Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in Virginia who specialized in Naval and Marine Engineering, interested in establishing a part-time, per-contract relationship in which most of the work will be done remotely. This relationship will benefit from our investment capability, long track record (over 1,000 projects executed successfully), solid background in key technologies, and strong ties to large European construction companies leading large contracts in the US.
• Bachelor´s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Active Professional Engineer (PE) License in Virginia is required. Candidates with an active PE license from another state who are able to get their VA PE license in a short period of time may be considered.
• Minimum 15 years experience in naval & marine engineering.
• Proven understanding and knowledge regarding constructability codes and requirements for designated projects.
• Highly developed communication, both written and verbal.
• Proven analytical, numerical, and industry design standards knowledge.
• Doctorate (Ph.D.) or MS in Engineering is preferred.
• Experience in preparing final design documents (Plans, Specifications) associated with naval & marine projects; i.e. barge loading manuals, mooring plans, etc.
• Experience with marine and Civil engineering software is desirable.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, proactive in nature, and exceptional technology skills.
• Ability to delegate work in an effective way to share knowledge and grow the team with experience.
• Lead technical meetings with Clients and perform a review of all design deliverables for compliance with all applicable codes.
• Provide engineering recommendations and decisions to the design team.
• Support design coordination and liaise with Clients, acting as a discipline expert.
• Sign and Seal all design deliverables.
• Assists with proposal preparation and participates in business development efforts.
• Performs other duties as required.
Azierta is a civil engineering consulting firm specializing in providing creative and innovative solutions so that our clients attain their goals as efficiently and efficaciously as possible. We have been turning projects into works for half a century. We have evolved alongside society and have overcome obstacles along the way in an effort to become a better company, thus contributing to our commitment to progress and sustainable development. And we will continue to do so in the future, by developing the new engineering of the 21st century.
Nº del proyecto: #36641647