Deliver a small website with the prime goal of giving a user a quote for their product, from a range of inputs provided. This is to be a working prototype site, so at this stage, all I require is the site to function correctly.
This project needs more definition, but at present, it will need a front end page to accept user inputs, a page to show quote, a page to request user details and a back-end admin page so that prices on the products can be updated.
This work needs to progress in a stages:
Definition phase: understand requirements and specify how this project will be delivered
Build phase: several iterations (3+), where work is presented and feedback is given.
Test phase: Work undergoes user acceptance testing and any defects are corrected.
Although it is unlikely to be an issue at this stage of the project, it should be noted that work should be undertaken being mindful of:
1. security - as part of testing the website will undergo security testing and must not fail the most common security faults found in websites.
2. code must be clean and have comments for future maintainability
3. The site must use pass W3C validation for XHTML and CSS
4. Accessibility and usability are important factors
5. I am looking for someone to work closely on this project with the strong possibility of further work i.e. to graphically complete site and an ecommerce site to complement this site.