Create a cross browser dhtml control that allows a table containing multiple rows and columns to horizontally and vertically scroll. Essentially I'm looking for a control that allows multiple columns to be displayed inside a multi-row listbox.
The code should support the following options:
1. bFixHeaders - flag indicates whether the table headers remain fixed when vertically scrolling. If false, the headers scroll along with the table content.
2. bEnableHorizontalScroll - Flag indicating if the control allows horizontal scrolling.
3. iHeight, iWidth - indicates the size of the scrollable area in pixels.
Assume the following table consisting of 4 columns:
Name Age Want Info Favorite Color
where Name is a label, Age is a textbox, Want Info is a checkbox and Favorite Color is a listbox. I want to be able to scroll through the table and have the info in the table post to the form. I'm more concerned about the actual DHTML as I can handle the form posting.
The code should be encapsulated into a function called ShowScrollTable(strTable, Height, Width, FixHeaders, EnableHorizontalScroll) and return a string containing the appropriate html to render the scrollable table. I will place instances of the table in my asp code using:
<%=ShowScrollTable(parmList)%>so whereever I place this function the scroller will show at that place.
- AddToTable() This function adds a new row to the bottom of the scrollable table
- RemoveFromTable() This function removes a row from the table and redisplays the table. For example, if I remove a row from the middle of the table, the rows below the removed row should be moved up to fill the blank space.
- MoveUp() This function moves the selected row up a row
- MoveDown() This function moves the selected row down a row.
These functions should support multiple selected lines similar to a multi-select listbox.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Must be cross browser and support: