We have a product idea that relates to a networked device. This device would have the form factor of a tablet, capable of driving a 7" or 8", 800X600 resolution. Below are some desirable characteristics of the device:
1. Have built in Wi-Fi
2. Display should have a large viewing angle (greater than 120 degrees)
3. Built in Gyroscope to determine orientation i.e. landscape or portrait
4. Several programmable buttons and LEDs
5. A remote with some programmable functions
6. A GPU may be desirable since the device with be fairly graphics intensive
7. Stereo Audio Out/In
8. Touch Screen may be desirable, but not required
Android is the preferred OS, although we are open to embedded linux (anything that works). This job is mostly about delivering on the hardware side, including embedded OS. Application software will be developed by us.
In order to cut down time to market, cost & effort, we'd prefer to base this product on suitable, off the shelf single board computers (SBC). However, if a suitable match is not found, we are willing to accept a custom design.