The report should be typed or word-processed and should comprise no more than 2,000 words.
The attached file "Corporate Finance (Sample).docx" is the sample of this assignment, please follow the content written in this attachment. Please pay attention that the content highlighted in red is not correct. The assessment template and annual reports for last 5 years are also attached.
The assignment is designed to test your understanding of corporate finance and explores a number of areas within the module by applying your learning to a real company. There is no perfect answer and therefore you should state your assumptions clearly and make good use of appendices. Remember, this is not a strategy or marketing assignment!
Required - Please use Cathay Pacific Airways Limited as the selected company in this assignment
Select a company listed on an internationally recognised and well established Stock Exchange (see below for choice of company):
1) Discuss how successful the company has been at delivering value to its shareholders over the past 5 years. Make sure to use appropriate metrics and benchmarks.
2) Undertake a current valuation of the equity in this company, using the following methods:
– Net Asset Value
– Price/Earnings Ratio (or other appropriate multiples)
– Discounted Free Cash Flow (including at least 5 years of detailed forecast cash flows and terminal value)
3) Attempt to reconcile any differences in value that you obtain by using these different methods and state (with reasons) what value you think is correct for the company.
You must clearly explain all of your assumptions used in the valuations.
Choice of company
Choose a listed company on a recognised stock exchange (e.g. London, New York, Tokyo, Mumbai) for which you can access the share price data over the past 5 years. Large companies will provide financial data on the websites, often under a section titled ‘investors’. More information on choosing an appropriate company can be found in the formative assessments.
The report should include:
1) a key point summary of conclusions
2) graphical illustration, where appropriate
3) a bibliography of sources of information used and references to texts or other material drawn upon.
Detailed tables, extracts or copies of financial information, which should include a copy of the relevant financial statements, should be placed in the appendices. You should refer to them in the body of the report.
Other special reports, for example, Company Focus, are available from the Financial Times Share Service, or brokers’ circulars issued from time to time by the broking arm of numerous finance houses. Data can also be found online from the company websites, [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] and other internet sources.